Monday, September 17, 2007

Goals 9/17

I am having a really hard time staying motivated to change my eating habits. It's true what they say about a diet. Being on a diet is tricky cause it indicates that it's something that you can go off of. And I have many, many times in my life. The key to true success is to make a life change. It's so hard to do.

My goal this week is to begin practicing the concepts learned in Weight Sense.
1) Reduce the carbs in my diet
2) Make sure that I am eating a protien with every meal and snack
3) Stop multi tasking while I eat
4) 150gm of carbs/day max (10 servings of carbs)

1) Purchase only light or reduced fat items at the store
2) Drink more water
3) 30gm of fat/day max

1) Exercise 3 days per week at least

Those are all things that are related to my physical health, which we all know has a great deal to do with our mental health. I am at my best mentally when i am feeling good about myself and I only feel good about myself when I am healthy and making strides to be even healthier. But I have also learned that acheiving physical and mental health is a very nice byproduct of spiritual health. When I commit my efforts to God and say "God, I know I need your help in this." It's always more doable. And for that I am grateful.

Spiritual goals for this week

1) Begin each day seeking the Lord; be it in prayer, scripture, journaling, worship
2) Be specific with God

No comments: