Monday, September 17, 2007

My Daily Stuff

I am starting yet another blog, but this one I intend to make public. I have the one that I post for mostly my mommy joys and trials with many other things mixed in. I am inspired to keep this blog as a record of my goals. I realize that by doing this and making it public, I am setting myself up for some serious scrutiny, but I've always done better in life with a little accountability. So, if by reading this you are inclined to "hold me accountable" I guess this is your chance, though I am not asking you to do that.

I have started attending a class at the Y called Weight Sense. The class is taught by several professionals; 2 registered dietitians, and an exercise physiologist. It's great cause each week they cover a different topic to help us make better choices in our diets and with exercise. So far it's been worth the money for the content, but the key is implementing the content into my life. I find it to be an interesting fact of life and psychology that I have a wealth of knowledge to share with my peers and patients, but find myself practicing a very small portion of that knowledge. This class is great cause its teaching me things I didn't know before and reintroducing concepts that I know, but don't use.

One of the purposes of this blog is to recap those concepts so that I can refer to them and use them.
Each week I hope that you will find new concepts learned that week. I'll start with a new post.

Otherwise, I hope to post some goals for my week. I am hopeful that keeping a record of these things will in fact cause me to be more successful in my life.

No comments: